Easy-peasy green peas pottage with tomatoes – just 4 ingredients!
Pottage, or the so-called ‘stew’ is a very easy dish that I love making. Green peas pottage is a home favorite dish and we enjoy it with various veggies and always chopped tomatoes.
You can make it with carrot, onions, peppers or mix it with potatoes. All options are great and amazingly delicious. How versatile this recipe is!
Today however I did a simpler version of this recipe so I used just green peas, onions, tomatoes and a bit of dry veggie mix for flavor. You can add any type of vegetable you like, and it will still be great.
As for serving – you can do like me and serve it with a side of risotto. Mashed potatoes or potato salad is another way to go. Or, just plain, on its own is an option.
I just really like how well it goes with a mushroom risotto – the flavor, the consistency is just perfect. This green peas pottage with tomatoes is just made to be served with rice!
- One jar cooked green peas
- One can chopped tomatoes
- Large yellow onion
- Dry veggie mix and salt to taste
- A cup of veggie stock – optional!
- Three tablespoons olive oil – optional!
You can find the video below – I show you step by step how I made this green peas pottage with tomatoes! It’s very easy and takes very little effort.
- Chop the onion and add to the baking pan along with the olive oil and dry veggie mix. Place in heated oven (medium to high) for about 5 minutes for the onion to fry up.
- Take the dish out of the oven and add the peas, chopped tomatoes and veggie stock. Stir well and if needed, add a bit of water. I added one cup water as I needed it.
- Bake the pottage for about 40-45 minutes in high or medium high oven, until the water evaporates. I like a thick stew sauce, so I didn’t add a lot of liquid to begin with and baked for longer. If you prefer your stew more watery, you can cut the cooking time to 30 minutes.
- Serve over risotto or mashed potatoes.
Did you make this recipe? Comment if you did and post me a photo! I’d be happy to see your results!