Very easy one-pan vegetarian crustless broccoli quiche
These days I was in a mood for something different in terms of recipes. Also, we hadn’t eaten broccoli at home for quite a while. I knew I had some in the freezer, so I thought – why not? I’ve never made a broccoli quiche before, but let’s give it a try!
I’ve only ever tried quiches maybe two or three times in the past. They always had a thin, buttery crust – very delicious. I didn’t have the time to do a crust today though. I was in a mood for something quick and easy, preferably cheap too!
So, I decided to make use of whatever ingredients are left in the fridge and see what happens. Well, the result was a delicious, creamy, cheesy broccoli quiche. No-crust, so much easier to make!
- Packet of frozen broccoli or about the same amount of raw (have to be steamed or boiled beforehand)
- Two eggs
- 200 g crushed feta-type white cheese
- 300 g yellow cheese or mozzarella or cheddar
- 250 g (one cup) milk
- salt and spices to taste
- Start by pre-heating your oven to low-medium temperature, about 200 C or 400 F. Place your frozen broccoli in the pan which you’ll be cooking the quiche and leave in the oven for 10 minutes to unfreeze.
- In the meantime, crush the white feta type cheese and grate the yellow cheese of your choice. You can also use mozzarella or cheddar.
- Mix the two types of cheese in a big bowl
- Add the two eggs to the bowl and stir well
- Add the milk and some spices of your choice and stir again. I used only a teaspoon of vegeta and nothing else.
- Add the stuffing to the broccoli and bake for an additional 40 minutes on low to medium oven.
More recipes from me you may like: