Vegetarian veggie scramble with green peppers, onions, eggs and feta
This is a very easy and quick recipe for a veggie scramble for my vegetarian readers. It’s oven-baked, so not much effort required – just throw all the veggies in the oven and you’re halfway there!
But, really – this is a very easy recipe. I would recommend it to families with vegetarian members or people who are transitioning to veg lifestyle and taking it one step at a time. Remember – everyone is at their own step in their journey!
For this recipe, you can use pretty much most vegetables you like. I had a lot of green peppers in my fridge so I mixed them with red and yellow onions. You can use any type of sweet peppers you have, but I like it best with green.
- 300 g sweet green peppers
- One yellow onion
- One red onion
- 6 large eggs
- 150 – 200 g feta cheese (can substitute vegan cheese)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil (or other cooking oil)
- Salt to taste
Click on the video below to see me prepare this easy veggie scramble and subscribe to my Youtube channel for more recipes!
- Start by preheating your oven to medium-high temperature.
- Chop the green peppers and onions and add them in the baking pan with some salt, olive oil and 2-3 tbsp water
- Bake the veggies for about 20-25 minutes until they are soft
- In the meantime, prepare your stuffing. Beat 6 large eggs and add the feta cheese, crushed. Combine well.
- When the veggies are already soft and cooked, add the stuffing mixture
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes until the veggie scramble is golden-brown and ready
Serve warm or cold – both ways are good!
More vegetarian recipes from me:
Did you make this recipe? Share in the comments below!